Monday, April 5, 2010

Day Dreaming of another Sketch Challenge


Day Dreaming

My ideas for this card design evolved along the way during it's creation. I started out wanting to make a Mothers' Day Card to enter in the latest Saturday Sketch Challenge over at Club Anya, and although it still is a card for Mum, it has turned out better than I originally thought!

I used HG Laundry as my stamped image and coloured her with my copics, I coloured the nestability she is seated on with my SU Stampin Pastels to represent her sitting on grass with the blue sky in the background.

The designer paper is from the Dear Lizzy range and is picture perfect for this image, I added some Kaiser Kraft flowers with some brads from my stash to match.

While I was digging around in my box of embellies for the matching brads I came upon a tiny glass slipper, and this was the exact point where my thoughts evolved!

So with Cinderella Slipper in hand I finished the card with some gold twine and hung the tiny shoe upon the washing line with a small bow, I then added the sentiment and finished with some crystal diamontes.

When I look at this card now, I imagine myself outside hanging out the families washing (which is a twice weekly chore), day dreaming about becoming a Princess and not having to worry about finishing my daily chores ever again!

A girl can DREAM can't she??


1 comment: