Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Musical Card




Santa Baby....

This card was an epic adventure, but I had this crazy idea to make my DH a musical card in the theme of 'Santa Baby' and I could not get the tune out of my head.

The hardest part of this creation was extracting the musical piece from a $2 Christmas bag and working out how to attach it to its new home, luckily I had bought 2 of the gift bags, because I totally destroyed the first one, at least i got to see  the inner workings of how it was put together.

Once attached to the card I set to work with the layers using Cheeky Christmas from The Greeting Farm, the perfect image for my 'Santa Baby' theme.  The idea was that she is sitting under the tree in the dark waiting for Santa to come down the chimney and turn on the lights....SURPRISE!!

Once the card was finished I recorded a verse of the Santa Baby song.

Materials Used; TGF Cheeky Christmas set, SU Season of Joy Stamp, SU Chocolate Chip, Rose Red and Wild Wasabi card stock, DP; Bo Bunny Crazy Love Collection, Copic Caio markers, Kaiser Craft rhinestones, Martha Stewart Crystal Glitter.

Challenges Entered;

Paper Sundaes; Cut It Out
Simon Says Stamp Challenge; Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday; TREEmendous!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card :-) the image is very cute and I love how you put this together ,,, fabulous !!:-)

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiments and your coloring! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Great idea with reusing the musical piece - very creative!
    You did a wonderful cutting out job too!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes during our 2-week long holiday challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the coloring and the sentiments!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete